As the old saying goes, “the eyes are the window to the soul”, and there’s so much you can learn from someone’s eyes. Believe it or not, one of the very first signs of aging is seen in the eyes. The skin around the eyes, eyelids, and brows often grow thinner with age and lead to common signs of aging. Here’s more on give common signs of aging eyes and how we can help at Inner Glow Spa.
- Dark Circles. They are the reason concealer was invited, right? As you age, you might start to notice those dark circles get more noticeable and prominent. They are often hereditary but can also be trigged by things like allergies and poor sleep. Medically speaking, they are caused by loss of collagen over time. We recommend Biopelle’s Dark Circle Relief cream that uses Vitamin K Oxide to help reduce the appearance of discoloration and dark circles under the eye.
- Hyperpigmentation. Dark circles or spots around the eyes can also be caused by true hyperpigmentation of the skin. Hyperpigmentation is often caused by sun exposure but can sometimes be a normal part of aging, especially in dark-skinned individuals. Microneedling is a great way to treat hyperpigmentation along with daily sunscreen use.
- Eye Hollows. The skin around our eyes is the thinnest and one of the first to show signs of aging. Selphyl Platelet Rich Plasma and dermal fillers, such as Restylane, can be used as minimally invasive treatments to improve the appearance of this area. Restoring the volume to your cheeks and under eye area is a great way to look younger.
- Crows Feet. This is a very common complaint from aging women. Crows feet are the wrinkles around the outer corners of our eyes. They are also commonly seen when we smile. Crows feet are easily treated with Botox which helps relax wrinkles and provide a more youthful appearance.
- Wrinkles. Crows feet are specific to the corners of your eyes, but dynamic wrinkles in your forehead and 11s area (area between your eyebrows) can also cause your eyes to look aged and tired. Botox is a great way to treat dynamic wrinkles and fine lines which will also help prevent further wrinkles.
Inner Glow AestheticsMD is happy to help with all of your skin care concerns when it comes to aging. We have a variety of treatments available to help your aging eyes and skin. Don’t forget that Dr. Shternfeld’s surgical and medical training as an Ophthalmologist give her a thorough understanding of facial anatomy and proportions.