Lip fillers made from hyaluronic acid are a fantastic and safe way to correct lip asymmetries, restore volume, define the lips and create more plump lips that are better suited to your face. They are one of our most requested treatments. Dr. Shternfeld is an experienced and well trained aesthetic physician who provides this service at Inner Glow AestheticsMD. She uses multiple techniques to get you the results you want. Safety and great outcomes are always a priority.
Many patients come to us from other locations because they are not satisfied with their results. Too much filler, lumpiness, duck lips, bubbles can develop when filler is placed poorly or too much is used. Filler can migrate and create an unnatural appearance.
Good news is hyaluronic lip fillers are reversible. An enzyme called Hyaluronidase can be injected and will dissolve the filler. Multiple sessions may be required because some fillers are more difficult to dissolve. Permanent fillers cannot be dissolved, so it is important to know what kind of filler you have.
What Is Lip Filler Dissolving Treatment?
After consultation and thorough evaluation by Dr. Shternfeld, topical numbing cream is applied for greater comfort. Needles, cannula and ultrasound technique can all be used to effectively treat the area to be dissolved. Sometimes all the lip filler is dissolved and sometimes, just a spot treatment is needed.
- Mild to moderate swelling after the procedure is very common. You might also see some slight bruising due to the injections, which is absolutely normal. These will resolve after 2 weeks .
- An allergic reaction to Hylenex is very unlikely but possible and will have to be treated, if develops.
- After 2 weeks, you can have the lips treated again with fillers to give you the desired results.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why have your Filler dissolved?
If you are unhappy with your Dermal Filler then having them dissolved is quick and effective. There are many reasons that you may want them dissolved:
- The area has been over-filled
- The filler has migrated or moved to other areas
- Lumps and bumps have formed
- The area is asymmetrical
- You’ve experienced an allergic reaction or infection
- Just because its sometimes considered good practice to remove remains of old filler and replace after 2-3 years
What is the recovery like after Filler Dissolving?
There is no ‘downtime’ following the Filler Dissolving treatment and you can go about your normal day. Bruising and swelling is common post-treatment, but these effects are temporary.
When can I expect to see the results?
Once the hyaluronidase is injected into the lips, the filler will start to break down immediately. After about 48 hours after treatment you’ll notice a significant reduction in filler. Bear in mind that the swelling in the treated area will need time to go down. Some patients feel discouraged after having treatment because there is still some swelling in the treated area, making it difficult to see the results. After 48 to 84 hours, any swelling in this area should be gone.